Montag, 8. Juli 2013
Just a short memo to all users who are looking for the “Manage Users” section in Jenkins… Here is how to activate it in ten easy steps:
- Klick on “Manage Jenkins”
- Then on “Configure Global Security”.
- Then activate “Jenkin’s own user database” beyond “Security Realm”
- Now scroll down to “Authorization” and activate “Matrix-based security”. You will find one entry for the user “Anonymous”.
- Activate all checkboxes for this user (hint: use the tiny litte icon at the far right of the table row).
- Hit “Save”.
- Got back to “Manage Jenkins” and you will find a new entry named “Manage Users”.
- Create a new user and copy it’s username
- Add the user (via it’s username) to the list mentioned in step 4.
- Turn off all checkboxes for the new user and remove all checkboxes for the user “Anonymous”. Done.